Laser eye surgery continues to grow in the U.S. with hundreds of thousands of people each year deciding to undergo the procedure
For people who wear glasses or contact lenses, the thought of being able to see with them out is now an easily reachable reality. Laser eye surgery of
which there are two main types, Lasik and PRK, effectively works by reshaping the surface of your eye to neutralise the prescription in your glasses or
contact lenses, so you are left with perfect vision.
Music stars are not different to the general public and just as many of them
need glasses or contact lenses, even though it’s a hard to imagine a pop star doing something as normal as putting their contact lenses in first thing
in the morning! Just like us, music stars who wear glasses or contact lenses have all the same frustration as the rest of us. Things like not being
able to see if we get up the middle of the night or having to take our contact lens solution on holiday with us etc. As a result of this more and more
music stars are taking the plunge and having laser eye surgery to give themselves the vision they have always wanted. Below is a list of music stars that
have had laser eye surgery:
• Adam Clayton: Bassist of the legendary rock band U2.
• Elton John: Hugely successful singer song writer selling over 250 million records.
• Michael Bolton: American singer with numerous top ten albums.
• Carlos Santana: Rock guitarist and founder of the band Santana.
• Barry Manilow: All time American music legend and still performing today!
• Rick Wakeman: English musician who has worked with legends such as David Bowie.
• Kenny G: American Jazz music star. • Ashlee Simpson: American pop artist.
• Spice Girl Mel B: Part of one of the biggest British girl bands of all time The Spice Girls.
• Tommy Stewart: Drummer of American heavy metal band Godsmack.
This is just to name a few of the music stars who have had laser eye surgery and there are just as many sports starts and film stars
such as Brad Pitt who have also undergone the procedure. Laser eye surgery is becoming increasingly popular and accessible as more and more famous
people have the surgery. It is similar in this regard to cosmetic surgery, with it becoming almost routine
for some people to have it done. It is however a surgical procedure and not something that should be taken lightly. Ensure you research the procedure
fully using before you decide to go ahead and have the surgery.
Will you use laser eye surgery if you need it?